Re: How to convert ByteA to Large Objects

From: John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How to convert ByteA to Large Objects
Date: 2011-09-16 06:29:12
Lists: pgsql-general

On 09/15/11 11:23 PM, Jayadevan wrote:
> Thank you. We are working on an Oracle to PostgreSQL migration project.
> BLOB columns got converted to BYTEA in PostgreSQL and we ran into problems.
> We used this to convert the data type to OID. Thank you.

you probably should detail the problems you ran into. large objects
normally aren't used unless you need to store over 1GB objects in the
database, and at least speaking for myself, I'd rather not have objects
that large in my database at all, I'd as soon use files for things that big.

--
john r pierce N 37, W 122
santa cruz ca mid-left coast