Re: New copyright program

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: New copyright program
Date: 2011-08-20 02:07:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 08/19/2011 09:39 PM, David Fetter wrote:

>>> Tie::File ships as part of core Perl for all non-EOL versions, so I
>>> really can't consider this as a problem.
>> Which are those?
> 5.12 and 5.14 are still supported. 5.10 and earlier are EOL.
>
> http://news.perlfoundation.org/2011/05/perl-514.html

Well, they need to get their story straight.
<http://www.cpan.org/src/README.html> says:

Please note that branches earlier than 5.8 are no longer supported,
though fixes for urgent issues, for example severe security
problems, may still be issued.

What is more, ignoring 5.10 and older would simply foolish. Those
versions are live on many of the platforms we build Postgres on, and in
quite modern distributions too, for example in RHEL 6.

Anyway, they point seems moot in this context.

cheers

andrew