Invocation overhead for procedural languages

From: Giorgio Valoti <giorgio_v(at)mac(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Invocation overhead for procedural languages
Date: 2008-08-06 12:44:16
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi all, I think I’ve read somewhere in the documentation that the
invocation of functions written in procedural languages (with the
exception of plpgsql) incur in performance hit due to the call the
language interpreter. Is that correct or am I completely off track?

Thank you in advance
--
Giorgio Valoti