Re: [v9.1] sepgsql - userspace access vector cache

From: Yeb Havinga <yebhavinga(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Kohei KaiGai <kaigai(at)kaigai(dot)gr(dot)jp>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, PgHacker <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [v9.1] sepgsql - userspace access vector cache
Date: 2011-07-16 09:45:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2011-07-14 21:46, Kohei KaiGai wrote:
> Sorry, the syscache part was mixed to contrib/sepgsql part
> in my previous post.
> Please see the attached revision.
>
> Although its functionality is enough simple (it just reduces
> number of system-call invocation), its performance
> improvement is obvious.
> So, I hope someone to volunteer to review these patches.

I will be able to look at this patch next week on monday and tuesday,
without wanting to raise any expectations about that time being enough
for me to say anything useful. On a longer timescale, I believe that
sepgsql is one of the most important new features of PostgreSQL and that
I want to commit myself to spend more community work on this subject.

regards,
Yeb

--

Yeb Havinga