Re: could not truncate directory "pg_serial": apparent wraparound

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: "Heikki Linnakangas" <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: could not truncate directory "pg_serial": apparent wraparound
Date: 2011-06-09 19:32:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:

> I also fixed the broken warning logic. Please double-check that
> too when you get a chance.

As usual, I like your code better than mine. I don't think my code
was broken in the sense that it would generate different results
than yours, but it was too clever by half, and depended on knowledge
that a TransactionId is 32 bits. Yours is more tolerant of changes
to implementation details, and much easier to read and understand.

While I'm *pretty sure* my code for this worked, I am *positive*
that yours does. :-)

Thanks again.

-Kevin