Re: Formatting Curmudgeons WAS: MMAP Buffers

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Formatting Curmudgeons WAS: MMAP Buffers
Date: 2011-05-10 02:15:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 05/09/2011 09:43 PM, Greg Smith wrote:

> When I last did a talk about getting started writing patches, I had a
> few people ask me afterwards if I'd ever run into problems with having
> patch submissions rejected. I said I hadn't.

Part of the trouble is in the question. Having a patch rejected is not
really a problem; it's something you should learn from. I know it can be
annoying. I get annoyed when it happens to me too. But I try to get over
it as quickly as possible, and either fix the patch, or find another
(and better) way to do the same thing, or move on. Everybody here is
acting in good faith, and nobody's on a power trip. That's one of the
good things about working on Postgres. If it were otherwise I would have
moved on to something else long ago.

cheers

andrew