Re: Debian readline/libedit breakage

From: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)fr>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Debian readline/libedit breakage
Date: 2011-02-13 04:24:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Dimitri Fontaine wrote:
> Now, what I think I would do about the core package is a quite simple
> backport of them, using Martin's excellent work. Do we want our own QA
> on them? If yes, I think I would need some help here, maybe with some
> build farm support for running from our debian packages rather than from
> either CVS or git.

What the RPM packaging does is run this (approximately):

pushd src/test/regress
make all
make MAX_CONNECTIONS=5 check

Something similar might be sufficient for QA on the Debian packaging
too. The overhead of the buildfarm makes sense if you want to rebuild
after every single commit. It may be overkill to go through that just
for testing .deb packaging, which realistically you're only going to
want to do after each point release.