Re: SSI and Hot Standby

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
Cc: <drkp(at)csail(dot)mit(dot)edu>,<pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: SSI and Hot Standby
Date: 2011-01-20 03:05:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Simon Riggs wrote:

> I gave you a quick response to let you know that HS need not be a
> blocker, for this release. If you are saying you have knowingly
> ignored a requirement for a whole year, then I am shocked. How
> exactly did you think this would ever be committed?

I was asked not to discuss this effort on list for most of that time,
and while it was on the Wiki page, I just lost track of it -- not
maliciously or intentionally. I really apologize. By the time the
9.0 release was out and it was deemed OK for me to discuss things, I
started getting feedback on problems which needed response, and I got
into the mode of reacting to that rather than ticking through my
issues list.

-Kevin