Re: Replication logging

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Replication logging
Date: 2011-01-18 19:32:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

All,

Just speaking as someone who does a lot of log-crunching for performance
review, I don't find having a separate log_connections option for
replication terribly useful. It's easy enough for me to just log all
connections and filter for the type of connections I want.

Even in cases where there's a ton of connection activity (e.g. PHP
webapp without a connection pool) logging all connections still doesn't
generate that many MB of output, in my experience.

--
-- Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.