Re: Patch to add a primary key using an existing index

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Gurjeet Singh <singh(dot)gurjeet(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PGSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Patch to add a primary key using an existing index
Date: 2010-10-09 18:46:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 10/09/2010 02:19 PM, Gurjeet Singh wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 9, 2010 at 2:07 PM, Gurjeet Singh <singh(dot)gurjeet(at)gmail(dot)com
> <mailto:singh(dot)gurjeet(at)gmail(dot)com>> wrote:
>
> This is a continuation from this thread:
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2010-09/msg02153.php
>
> The attached patch allows creating a primary key using an existing
>
> I have attached two versions of the patch: one is context diff,
> and the other is the same except ignoring whitespace changes.
>

> Attached are gzip'd patches for archives. Archive shows the previous
> mail attachments all inline... horrible.

I wish we could get the archive processor to provide access to the
attachments even if they have a MIME type of text/whatever. That's a
horrid inefficiency. Maybe we could restrict it to text attachments that
have a Content-Type with a name attribute that contains the string
'patch', or a similar Content-Disposition filename attribute.

cheers

andrew