Force ARE in regexp string

From: Johannes Öberg <johannes(dot)oberg(at)proactivegaming(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Force ARE in regexp string
Date: 2010-09-15 09:20:14
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi! I'm trying to do an advanced regexp match but postgres doesn't
seem to let me.

I've set regex_flavor to ARE, and I've tried prefixing my strings, i.e.
~* E'***:abc' but for some reason postgres treats all my regexps as BRE's.

Common newbie gotchas? I'm trying it directly from psql.exe btw, running
postgres 8.4 on a professionally set up Linux machine, and I've also
tried it locally on a Windows Bitnami machine with the same results.

Thank
/J