Re: MERGE Specification

From: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Boxuan Zhai <bxzhai2010(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: MERGE Specification
Date: 2010-08-11 04:14:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Boxuan Zhai wrote:
> I just found that no Assert() works in my codes. I think it is because
> the assertion is no enabled. How to enable assertion. To define
> USE_ASSERT_CHECKING somewhere?

When you run "configure" before "make", use "--enable-cassert". The
normal trio for working on the PostgreSQL code is:

./configure --enable-depend --enable-cassert --enable-debug

Generally the only reason to build as a developer without asserts on is
to do performance testing. They will slow some portions of the code
down significantly.

--
Greg Smith 2ndQuadrant US Baltimore, MD
greg(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com www.2ndQuadrant.us