Re: MySQL versus Postgres

From: Jacqui Caren-home <jacqui(dot)caren(at)ntlworld(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: MySQL versus Postgres
Date: 2010-08-10 17:56:15
Lists: pgsql-general

Randal L. Schwartz wrote:
> Do not overemphasize the example mode at the cost of presenting concepts
> or structure. You need all three.

Hmm I recently had to find out the various options to get values from a tuple
via SPI - referred by docs to the contrib examples :-(
Docs did not help and the examples only cover very basic cases.
I found the quickest way to find the list of macro's available was to read the source code :-)

I suppose the source is the final layer of documentation!

Jacqui