Re: Session timeout on commitfest.postgresql.org

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: "Robert Haas" <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Thom Brown" <thom(at)linux(dot)com>,<pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: Session timeout on commitfest.postgresql.org
Date: 2010-08-10 19:25:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 2:43 PM, Kevin Grittner

>> While we're on the topic of CF app enhancements, I often wished
>> that the date of the last change to the "Reviewers" column would
>> show underneath the name(s) where the value was not empty and the
>> date was later than both the "Last Activity" date and the start
>> of the CF. (Either that or count a non-NULL value set into this
>> column as a reason to set the current date into "Last Activity",
>> but I like the extra date better.)
>
> That seems complex.

Well, yeah, but I found myself doing this "by hand" when I was
getting organized to send out off-list "nag" emails. Whenever I
find myself growling "Some day they'll invent a machine to do this"
while doing some tedious task, I consider it a candidate for
automation. ;-)

>> Occasionally people failed to set a new status when they should
>> have done after linking in a new patch or review.
>
> I remain unconvinced that any tweaking of the system in this area
> comes out to a net plus.

Agreed; that was just part of my list of things someone might get
right more often if they had a handy link to the documentation to
which they could refer while they were in making entries.

-Kevin