Re: merge command - GSoC progress

From: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Boxuan Zhai <bxzhai2010(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: merge command - GSoC progress
Date: 2010-08-03 23:19:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Boxuan Zhai wrote:
> I think there are no redundant lines in this time's patch file.

It is much better. There are still more blank likes around the new code
you've added than are needed in many places, but that doesn't interfere
with reading the patch.

The main code formatting issue left you'll need to address eventually
are all the really long comments in there.

> And, I have tested the running of MERGE command with different
> situations. I am sorry that I didn't create regression test files,
> because I am not sure how to add new files in the git package.

git add <filename> ?

The tests you've put in there are the right general sort of things to
try out. The one example you gave does show an UPSERT being emulated by
MERGE, which is the #1 thing people are looking for initially.

--
Greg Smith 2ndQuadrant US Baltimore, MD
greg(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com www.2ndQuadrant.us