Re: PG_DUMP very slow because of STDOUT ??

From: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Andras Fabian <Fabian(at)atrada(dot)net>
Cc: Craig Ringer <craig(at)postnewspapers(dot)com(dot)au>, "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PG_DUMP very slow because of STDOUT ??
Date: 2010-07-14 13:10:14
Lists: pgsql-general

Andras Fabian wrote:
> Here is a lengthy discussion about the topic (so no need for me to start it again at LKML - and obviously it is not Ubuntu specific :-)
> http://lkml.org/lkml/2009/5/12/58

Once there's some sort of resolution there, you might want to create an
Ubuntu bug report anyway and push for the fix to be backported to the
LTS version you're running. The response you get to that should be an
interesting study in how Ubuntu treats bug fixes for your company.

--
Greg Smith 2ndQuadrant US Baltimore, MD
greg(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com www.2ndQuadrant.us