Re: dblink regression failure in HEAD

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Itagaki Takahiro <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: dblink regression failure in HEAD
Date: 2010-07-13 03:32:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:
> Itagaki Takahiro <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
>
>> I found regression test for dblink in HEAD was failed on my machine.
>> One buildfarm machine also reported the same failure.
>>

> What this looks like to me is that dblink.c doesn't contain the fix
> that the new regression test is checking for.
>
> pangolin is pulling from the git mirror, which I still don't trust
> further than I can throw it. How about you?

There is something very odd about that machine. It started failing 5
days ago. Then it stopped, then it started again.

As for the git mirror, I can only speak for the mirror I maintain, which
is validated on every live branch every day against CVS, so far without
a hiccup, and has four of my buildfarm members happily building against
it (and possibly others).

cheers

andrew