Adding XML Schema validation (XMLVALIDATE)

From: Mike Fowler <mike(at)mlfowler(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Adding XML Schema validation (XMLVALIDATE)
Date: 2010-05-19 12:57:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

I'm going to start work on another XML todo item:

"Add XML Schema validation and xmlvalidate function (SQL:2008)"

The standard identifies XMLVALIDATE as:

<XML validate> ::=
XMLVALIDATE <left paren>
<document or content or sequence>
<XML value expression>
[ <XML valid according to clause>]
<right paren>

so I've got something quite clear to work too. libxml has the required
support for schema validation so I'll just be wrapping it's
functionality much like I did for xpath_exists().

Anyone got any thoughts before I get busy?

Thanks,

--
Mike Fowler
Registered Linux user: 379787