Re: mailing list archiver chewing patches

From: Matteo Beccati <php(at)beccati(dot)com>
To: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
Cc: Dimitri Fontaine <dfontaine(at)hi-media(dot)com>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>, Aidan Van Dyk <aidan(at)highrise(dot)ca>, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, Abhijit Menon-Sen <ams(at)toroid(dot)org>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Tim Bunce <Tim(dot)Bunce(at)pobox(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2010-01-31 12:38:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-www

On 30/01/2010 22:18, Joe Conway wrote:
> On 01/30/2010 01:14 PM, Dimitri Fontaine wrote:
>> Matteo Beccati<php(at)beccati(dot)com> writes:
>>> I've been following the various suggestions. Please take a look at the
>>> updated archives proof of concept:
>>>
>>> http://archives.beccati.org/
>>
>> I like the features a lot, and the only remarks I can think about are
>> bikeschedding, so I'll let it to the web team when they integrate it. It
>> sure looks like a when rather than an if as far as I'm concerned.
>>
>> In short, +1! And thanks a lot!
>
> +1 here too. That looks wonderful!

Thanks guys. Hopefully in the next few days I'll be able to catch up
with Alvaro to see how we can proceed on this.

Incidentally, I've just found out that the mailing lists are dropping
some messages. According to my qmail logs the AOX account never received
Joe's message yesterday, nor quite a few others:

M156252, M156259, M156262, M156273, M156275

and I've verified that it also has happened before. I don't know why,
but I'm pretty sure that my MTA was contacted only once for those
messages, while normally I get two connections (my own address + aox
address).

Cheers
--
Matteo Beccati