Re: Adding support for SE-Linux security

From: KaiGai Kohei <kaigai(at)ak(dot)jp(dot)nec(dot)com>
To: "David P(dot) Quigley" <dpquigl(at)tycho(dot)nsa(dot)gov>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com, David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>, Itagaki Takahiro <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)oss(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>, KaiGai Kohei <kaigai(at)kaigai(dot)gr(dot)jp>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Adding support for SE-Linux security
Date: 2009-12-09 02:11:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

David P. Quigley wrote:
> So I was reading through a set of slides that KaiGai has and he
> mentioned a May commitfest link and I looked for the comments related to
> his PGACE patches. I've been crawling through the commitfest paces so I
> can figure out what the latest version of the pgace patch is. Does
> anyone know when the patch was reduced to what it is today?

I could salvage a legacy PGACE patch:
http://sepgsql.googlecode.com/files/sepostgresql-pgace-8.4devel-3-r739.patch

However, its code base was v8.4devel, so conflictable to the latest CVS HEAD.
In addition, it contains various kind of concepts within a single patch.
* comprehensive security hooks
* a facility to store security identifier on the header of each row
* a facility to translate between security identifier (int) and
security context (text)
* "security_context" writable system column support.

From the current perspective, we can understand these features should be
proposed as separated features. But I was young.

Thanks,
--
OSS Platform Development Division, NEC