Re: Creating new database - SOLVED

From: Malcolm Warren <malcolm(at)villeinitalia(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Creating new database - SOLVED
Date: 2009-11-18 17:05:35
Lists: pgsql-general

Dear All,

Thank you for your emails which were very helpful.
I've finally solved it.

template1 was full of data, presumably somehow from a badly-run dump and
restore.
So when I created the new database, that too was full of data from the
template.

I ran a clean pg_dump on template1 from my production database and
restored it on my test machine, and finally everything is normal.

Thanks again,
Malcolm