Re: plperl and inline functions -- first draft

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Joshua Tolley <eggyknap(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: plperl and inline functions -- first draft
Date: 2009-11-13 15:05:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Joshua Tolley wrote:
> Some items of note include that this makes the regression tests add not only
> plperl to the test database but also plperlu, which is a new thing. I can't
> see why this might cause problems, but thought I'd mention it. The tests
> specifically try to verify that plperl doesn't allow 'use Data::Dumper', and
> plperlu does. Since Data::Dumper is part of perl core, that seemed safe, but
> it is another dependency, and perhaps we don't want to do that. If not, is
> there some other useful way of testing plperlu vs. plperl, and does it really
> matter?

platforms where we can't use them both in the same session, due to some
perl oddities. We would need to test this on one such - I don't recall
which they are.

"Config" might be a better choice than "Data::Dumper". The Perl team or
some packagers could drop Data::Dumper some day, but they aren't likely
to drop Config.

cheers

andrew