Re: How to match sets?

From: Ludwig Kniprath <ludwig(at)kni-online(dot)de>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How to match sets?
Date: 2009-09-13 16:00:21
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,
this query on the two "tables" you suggested (named "test_left" and
"test_right") returns the correct result without transformations:

select distinct
t1.unit
from
test_left as t1 inner join
test_left as t2 on t1.unit = t2.unit and t1.token != t2.token and
t1.exponent != t2.exponent

inner join test_right as t3 on t1.token = t3.token and t1.exponent =
t3.exponent
inner join test_right as t4 on t2.token = t4.token and t2.exponent =
t4.exponent;

Regards
Ludwig Kniprath