Re: PGXS problem with pdftotext

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PGXS problem with pdftotext
Date: 2009-07-03 19:19:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Hmm, try adding
> CXXFLAGS = $(CFLAGS)

Thanks, that worked; I don't need to specify -fpic in my file if I put
the above line in.

> Although in general we don't try very hard to support C++ code
> inside the backend.

I try to avoid it when possible. The C++ code is the thinnest wrapper
we could arrange around the poppler code to allow access from the C
code.

Would it make sense to add the above to the PGXS file somewhere, for
those cases (like this) when someone has to access some existing C++
code base?

-Kevin