Re: 8.4b2 tsearch2 strange error

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: "Tatsuo Ishii" <ishii(at)postgresql(dot)org>,<tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 8.4b2 tsearch2 strange error
Date: 2009-06-04 17:12:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)postgresql(dot)org> wrote:

> http://sylpheed.sraoss.jp/tmp/searcherdb84.tar.bz2

Using that on my kubuntu machine with no configure options except
prefix:

hiro(at)kgrittn-desktop:~$ /usr/local/pgsql-8.4beta2/bin/psql -U hiro
sylph
psql (8.4beta2)
Type "help" for help.

sylph=# SELECT msg_sid, hdr_from, hdr_to, hdr_subject, msg_date,
folder_id, msgnum FROM msginfo LEFT JOIN msg_folderinfo USING (msg_sid)
WHERE plainto_tsquery(E'a') @@ body_index;
NOTICE: text-search query contains only stop words or doesn't contain
lexemes, ignored
ERROR: unrecognized operator: -26
sylph=# SELECT msg_sid, hdr_from, hdr_to, hdr_subject, msg_date,
folder_id, msgnum FROM msginfo LEFT JOIN msg_folderinfo USING (msg_sid)
WHERE plainto_tsquery(E'a') @@ body_index;
NOTICE: text-search query contains only stop words or doesn't contain
lexemes, ignored
ERROR: unrecognized operator: -26
sylph=# SELECT msg_sid, hdr_from, hdr_to, hdr_subject, msg_date,
folder_id, msgnum FROM msginfo LEFT JOIN msg_folderinfo USING (msg_sid)
WHERE plainto_tsquery(E'tsearch') @@ body_index;
ERROR: tuple offset out of range: 609
sylph=# SELECT msg_sid, hdr_from, hdr_to, hdr_subject, msg_date,
folder_id, msgnum FROM msginfo LEFT JOIN msg_folderinfo USING (msg_sid)
WHERE plainto_tsquery(E'tsearch') @@ body_index;
ERROR: tuple offset out of range: 609

Given that I can replicate this, is there some useful next step?

-Kevin