Re: Plan time Improvement - 64bit bitmapset

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: "Andres Freund" <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Plan time Improvement - 64bit bitmapset
Date: 2009-06-03 17:05:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de> wrote:

> long plan times (minutes and up)

Wow. I thought I had some pretty complex queries, including some
which join using several views, each of which has several joins; but
I've never gone to multiple seconds on plan time (much less multiple
minutes!) without very high statistics targets and many indexes on the
tables. Any rough estimates on those?

If you think your patch could have a significant impact on a query
with a 260 ms plan time, I could give it a try.

-Kevin