Re: Replacing plpgsql's lexer

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Replacing plpgsql's lexer
Date: 2009-04-14 21:07:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Robert Haas wrote:
> All this sounds good. As for how to handle := and .., I think making
> them lex the same way in PL/pgsql and core SQL would be a good thing.

They don't have any significance in core SQL. What would we do with the
lexeme?

ISTR we've used some hacks in the past to split lexemes into pieces, and
presumably we'd have to do something similar with these.

The only thing that makes me nervous about this is that we're very close
to Beta. OTOH, this is one area the regression suite should give a
fairly good workout to.

cheers

andrew