Re: Removing a corrupt database by hand

From: Mike Christensen <imaudi(at)comcast(dot)net>
To: jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Removing a corrupt database by hand
Date: 2009-02-19 08:19:54
Lists: pgsql-general

After looking at it more, it seems the problem is it's trying to rebuild
a corrupt DB and not really getting anywhere. The DB is about 900 megs,
and I've given it 6-7hrs to try to repair and it just seems to be stuck.

If I delete the DB directory, I get:

2009-02-19 00:02:05 PST FATAL: index "41330" contains unexpected zero
page at b
lock 0
2009-02-19 00:02:05 PST HINT: Please REINDEX it.

The process just quits if it can't repair the DB. How can I tell it not
to try to repair this database and just let me access the other DBs?
Thanks!

Mike