How to convert ByteA to Large Objects

From: Howard Cole <howardnews(at)selestial(dot)com>
To: 'PgSql General' <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: How to convert ByteA to Large Objects
Date: 2009-01-23 12:08:02
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi All,

Is there some nice SQL I can use to convert a BYTEA field into large
objects?

I am having some memory problems handling bytea parameters in Npgsql -
getting out of memory errors. From reading various posts on this I see
that bytea's can consume much more memory than the size of the object so
I am going to convert these bytea's to large objects so I can chunk the
data.

Thanks,

Howard Cole
www.selestial.com