Re: Re: Updated interval patches - ECPG [was, intervalstyle....]

From: Ron Mayer <rm_pg(at)cheapcomplexdevices(dot)com>
To: Ron Mayer <rm_pg(at)cheapcomplexdevices(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Brendan Jurd <direvus(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Re: Updated interval patches - ECPG [was, intervalstyle....]
Date: 2008-11-21 01:07:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Michael Meskes wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 02:28:56PM -0800, Ron Mayer wrote:
>> Merging of the interval style into ecpg attached.
> Thanks for caring about the ecpg changes too.

Thanks for the comments. Updated the patch.

>> I know little enough about ecpg that I can't really tell if these changes
>> are for the better or worse.
> The closer pgtypeslib is to the backend the better.
>
>> One thing in the patch that's probably a bug is that the
>> constants in src/include/utils/dt.h and src/include/utils/datetime.h
>> under the section "Fields for time decoding" seem not to match, so
> Assuming you mean src/interfaces/ecpg/pgtypeslib/dt.h. The numbers should match IMO.

Ok. I copy&pasted them from datetime.h to dt.h.
This changes a number of values that were like
#define DOY 13
#define DOW 14
#define DOY 15
#define DOW 16
and I'm not quite sure what the consequences of that might be,
but the regression tests still pass.

> Also one files seems to be missing, there are no changes to
> test/expected/pgtypeslib-dt_test.c in the patch, but when changing dt_test.pgc
> this file should be changed too.
>
> Could you add this to your work too?

Got it.
Patch attached.