Re: How to get schema name which violates fk constraint

From: Craig Ringer <craig(at)postnewspapers(dot)com(dot)au>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How to get schema name which violates fk constraint
Date: 2008-10-22 17:48:23
Lists: pgsql-general

George Pavlov wrote:

> suspect lack of complaints is largely due to the (small) number of
> people using namespaces -- the denominator should be users of the
> feature, not all users...

I certainly found it extremely frustrating that errors didn't reference
the involved schema when I was working on a database that used several
sets of tables with the same names and structure under different schema.
As it happens I ended up finding it to be much better to store all the
data in a single set of tables with composite primary keys, but there
are certainly situations where that won't be the case.

I can see, however, that it might be a pretty tedious thing to do and
not very high on anybody's fun-to-code list.

--
Craig Ringer