Re: Is there any reason why "edit PostgreSQL.conf should be on my menu"

From: Craig Ringer <craig(at)postnewspapers(dot)com(dot)au>
To: John Meyer <john(dot)l(dot)meyer(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Is there any reason why "edit PostgreSQL.conf should be on my menu"
Date: 2008-08-02 08:12:35
Lists: pgsql-general

John Meyer wrote:
> Especially when I haven't edited anything yet?

You might want to tell the readers here just a *little* bit more about
your problem.

Start with "what menu?!?".

More seriously:

- What is your operating system
- What is the version of your operating system
- What version of PostgreSQL do you have
- How and from where did you obtain and install that version

... and what menu, exactly, are you talking about? Given your post I
have to randomly guess "the Start menu in Windows XP or Vista" ... but
that's very much a guess.

Remember, nobody (except perhaps Tom Lane) around here is psychic. They
don't know what you don't tell them, so you need to provide full and
detailed explanations in your posts.

--
Craig Ringer