Re: Extracting data from deprecated MONEY fields

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Ken Winter <ken(at)sunward(dot)org>
Cc: PostgreSQL pg-general List <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Extracting data from deprecated MONEY fields
Date: 2008-06-06 03:21:53
Lists: pgsql-general

Ken Winter wrote:
> I understand from
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/datatype-money.html that the
> “money” data type is deprecated.

Money is no longer deprecated in newer releases (specifically 8.3),
although I do think it would be wise to push it to numeric.

I think the way to do it would be to backup the table and edit the table
definition from the file. Make the money a numeric. Then reload the
table from the backup.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake