Re: Commit fest queue

From: Zdenek Kotala <Zdenek(dot)Kotala(at)Sun(dot)COM>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Greg Smith <gsmith(at)gregsmith(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Commit fest queue
Date: 2008-04-15 06:48:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Peter Eisentraut napsal(a):
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
>> That is a nice list, but are these used for bug tracking or patch
>> tracking?
>
> In my experience, these two concepts become mostly the same. Just one is
> classified "normal" or "critical" and the the other is tagged "wishlist"
> and "patch" or "attachment" or something like that.

JavaDB and Firebird community use Jira which is similar to Bugzilla. At least
JavaDB also uses jira as a patch tracking. Developer adds patch as a attachment
and patch name contains version name. Jira also has email interface which is
able process also email communication. IIRC, only new bug/devel project has to
be created on web interface.

Zdenek