Re: Google Summer of Code 2008

From: Jan Urbański <j(dot)urbanski(at)students(dot)mimuw(dot)edu(dot)pl>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Google Summer of Code 2008
Date: 2008-03-04 16:47:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:
> =?UTF-8?B?SmFuIFVyYmHFhHNraQ==?= <j(dot)urbanski(at)students(dot)mimuw(dot)edu(dot)pl> writes:
>> 2. Implement better selectivity estimates for FTS.
>
> +1 for that one ...

OK, this one might very well be the one that'd be more useful. And I can
always reuse the other idea for my thesis, after expanding it a bit.
Speaking of @@ selectivity, I even mailed about it once on the
-performance list, but the mail somehow got lost in the processing queue
and never reached the list. Anyway, the idea has been on my mind for
some time now.
So are you considering putting FTS selectivity estimates on this year's
SoC ideas list? That is, if PostgreSQL is planning to participate in SoC
this year, which I'm sure it does ;)

cheers,
Jan Urbanski

--