Re: PostgreSQL 8.4 development plan

From: Zdenek Kotala <Zdenek(dot)Kotala(at)Sun(dot)COM>
To: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL 8.4 development plan
Date: 2008-02-08 07:07:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Christopher Browne wrote:
> On Feb 7, 2008 9:42 PM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com> wrote:
>> Gregory Stark escribió:
>>
>>> For what it's worth I think GIT is a better fit for our needs.
>> Perhaps it would be, if it worked on Windows ... Not that I care, but I
>> bet Magnus would.
>
> http://code.google.com/p/msysgit/
>
> "Unfortunately, Git on Windows is only officially supported using
> Cygwin. However, there is a fork (currently in the process of being
> merged with "official" git) which enables you to compile git using
> MinGW/MSys.

Mercurial, which is similar to GIT, offer native windows client. See
there
http://www.selenic.com/mercurial/wiki/index.cgi/BinaryPackages#head-adac70dc1664bb9eac334d5c8b57483d300254f3

It support binaries for most of PG supported platforms.

I also recommend to see following page
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_revision_control_software

It compares a lot of SCMs.

Zdenek