Re: PostgreSQL 8.4 development plan

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Mark Mielke <mark(at)mark(dot)mielke(dot)cc>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Dimitri Fontaine <dfontaine(at)hi-media(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, Brendan Jurd <direvus(at)gmail(dot)com>, Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL 8.4 development plan
Date: 2008-02-07 21:51:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Gregory Stark escribió:
>
>> For what it's worth I think GIT is a better fit for our needs.
>
> Perhaps it would be, if it worked on Windows ... Not that I care, but I
> bet Magnus would.

To summarize what I care about: I don't really care if I can't *commit*
from Windows - I never do that anyway, for fear of breaking line
endings. I do care, and a lot, if I can't pull down latest-and-greatest
HEAD revision without risk of getting something that's not correct.
Which means that if there is a gateway to something that works well,
that is *stable and capable of being up to date*, I can live with that.
(for example, doing a dump like the current svn mirror does which lags
behind a lot, would be something I'd absolutely object to)

//Magnus