Re: best way to handle enum type

From: Tom Hart <tomhart(at)coopfed(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: best way to handle enum type
Date: 2007-11-23 17:26:30
Lists: pgsql-general

Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Tom Hart wrote:
>
>> Hey everybody. I have a field that, in my earlier mySQL days would have
>> been an enum('q','y','m','c'), and I'm wondering what's the best way to
>> handle this in pgsql.
>>

> If it's an option, upgrade to 8.3 and use the new enum support.
Oops, I think I just got caught not doing my homework :-) Thanks for
being nice about it Peter.

I don't think I'll be able to convince my supervisor to install a beta
while we're still developing the system, but once it becomes more stable
(both my system and 8.3) then it's definitely something we'll look at.

Thanks for your reply.