Re: 8.2.3: Server crashes on Windows using Eclipse/Junit

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Trevor Talbot <quension(at)gmail(dot)com>, Rainer Bauer <usenet(at)munnin(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 8.2.3: Server crashes on Windows using Eclipse/Junit
Date: 2007-10-22 20:00:31
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Could you try a build without SSPI? It should be as simple as removing
> the #define ENABLE_SSPI 1 from port/win32.h. I don't think you need to
> touch the linker lines at all, actually, so try without first.

Nope, doesn't help - still using around 9.7KB per connection. Just to be
sure I did remove the link option, and checking with depends see that
there are now only delay load references to secur32.dll, nothing direct
- as is the case with 8.2

So the only other changes I can think of that might affect things are
the VC++ build or the shared memory changes, though I can't see why they
would cause problems offhand. I'll go try a mingw build...

/D