Re: 8.2.3: Server crashes on Windows using Eclipse/Junit

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Rainer Bauer <usenet(at)munnin(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 8.2.3: Server crashes on Windows using Eclipse/Junit
Date: 2007-10-22 14:38:07
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

Dave Page wrote:
> So, we seem to be hitting two limits here - the desktop heap, and
> something else which is cluster-specific. Investigation continues...

In further info, I've been testing this with the 8.3b1 release build
that we put out with pgInstaller, and a build with all optional
dependencies (OpenSSL, Kerberos, gettext, ldap etc) disabled. I'm seeing
pretty much the same results with each - roughtly 9.6KB of desktop heap
used per connection.

In addition, I've tried with standard pgbench runs, as well as a script
that just does 'select version()'. Again, no differences were observed.

Magnus and I did observe that we're using 1 user object and 4 GDI
objects per connection. If anyone happens to know how we might identify
those, please shout as so far we've drawn a blank :-(

Regards, Dave