Re: Missing file versions for a bunch of dll/exe files in Windows builds

From: "MauMau" <maumau307(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Michael Paquier" <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Magnus Hagander" <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, "pgsql-bugs" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Missing file versions for a bunch of dll/exe files in Windows builds
Date: 2014-06-21 14:46:36
Lists: pgsql-bugs

From: "Michael Paquier" <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
> On Sat, Jun 21, 2014 at 11:47 AM, MauMau <maumau307(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>> (1)
>> lib\pgcrypto.dll doesn't have versioning info.
> Urgh, thanks I missed it. It is fixed in the patch attached by adding
> a AddDir call in the project of pgcrypto as this contrib module is
> kind of particular in the MSVC scripts. Here is the output of my
> cscript checking versioning with the new patch:

Thanks, I confirmed that pgcrypto.dll has proper versioning info.

>> (2)
>> None of the conversion_procs has versioning info. But their Makefiles
>> have
>> PGFILEDESC line. For example,
>> src/backend/utils/mb/conversion_procs/ascii_and_mic/Makefile has the
>> line:
>>
>> NAME = ascii_and_mic
>> PGFILEDESC = "ascii_and_mic"
> Strange, it works for me:

Sorry, this was my mistake. The patch application of Mkvcbuild.pm in
0002*.patch failed due to file permissions. conversion_procs Dlls now have
correct versioning info.

I marked this CommitFest entry as ready for committer.

Regards
MauMau