Re: How do I connect postgres table structures and view structures to an existing svn repository?

From: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
Subject: Re: How do I connect postgres table structures and view structures to an existing svn repository?
Date: 2007-08-01 14:56:30
Lists: pgsql-general

John Mitchell wrote:
> I am trying to store schema definitions in version-control which I can do by
> saving the definition and then importing into svn, but I would like it
> to be automatic , so that when an update occurs to a table or view within
> postgres then that table or view is flagged within svn. This would be
> similar to what I currently do with source code that I have for a web app
> within eclipse.

Ah! I'm not aware of any such system.

You could write a small cron-script that dumped the schema once every 5
minutes so it could be picked up by svn.

I think most people have a separate collection of schema-creation/update
scripts that they keep under version control. All changes are then
through running these.

--
Richard Huxton
Archonet Ltd