Re: Real world performance improvements in 8,2

From: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
To: CAJ CAJ <pguser(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Real world performance improvements in 8,2
Date: 2007-03-08 09:53:45
Lists: pgsql-general

CAJ CAJ wrote:
> Does anyone have benchmarks for performance gains by upgrading to 8.2.x
> from
> earlier postgres versions say 8.0.x/8.1.x?

It will depend entirely on your usage patterns, I'm afraid. In general,
every new version gets a little faster than the last, and there will be
corner cases where you see rapid improvement.

Have a look at the release notes and see if anything there looks like
something you do a lot of:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/release-8-2.html

--
Richard Huxton