PostgreSQL equivalent of the Oracale 'unique' qualifier

From: "Wm(dot)A(dot)Stafford" <stafford(at)marine(dot)rutgers(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSQL equivalent of the Oracale 'unique' qualifier
Date: 2006-11-20 20:13:13
Lists: pgsql-general

I hope the subject says it all. I'm porting an Oracle-centric
application to PostgreSQL and the Oracle sql is full of the 'unique'
qualifier. I'm assuming PostgreSQL does not support 'unique' since
don't see a 'unique' anywhere in the PostgreSQL docs. Is there a
substitute or a technique to get the same result?

Thanks,
-=bill stafford