automatic password for pg_dump to be used for a batch file in vb6

From: oliver rombaoa <watsamalayu(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: automatic password for pg_dump to be used for a batch file in vb6
Date: 2007-02-15 07:54:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

i want to add database backup to my program i developed in visual basic 6, of course i can save the syntax for pg_dump in a batch file and call it inside vb6 via "shell", but my problem is that the batch file executes but stops to prompt for a password. how can i supply a password to it automatically or i mean within visual basic 6 so that no user interaction is needed, i don't mind about the security since only the administrator has access for the program. please, any help will be greatly appreciated. thank you.

oliver

A man is what he is, not what he used to be

Looking for earth-friendly autos?
http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/