Porting from ORACLE to PostgSQL

From: gustavo halperin <ggh(dot)develop(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Porting from ORACLE to PostgSQL
Date: 2006-09-04 21:54:47
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello

I need to porting many old ORACLE-oriented-SQL files and I have many
problem with this code. Sometimes the code use some types not supported
in PosgSQL like "number" or "varchar2", there fore, can I write some
type of declaration (like in c : #define alias_name name) in order to
make PosgSQL recognize these types? Or there are other solution that you
recommend to use ?

Thank you, Gustavo

--
||\ // \