Re: Kill a session

From: Markus Schaber <schabi(at)logix-tt(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Kill a session
Date: 2006-07-14 11:28:29
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hi, Tom,

Tom Lane wrote:
> Our expectation is that all or at least most queries should respond to
> SIGINT or SIGTERM interrupts pretty rapidly, say on a less-than-a-second
> timescale. However there are various loops in the backend that fail to
> execute CHECK_FOR_INTERRUPTS sufficiently often :-(.

The same is true for user-defined C funtions.

The PostGIS GEOS geometry functions come to mind, for complex
geometries, they can need hours to complete. And as GEOS is a 3rd-Party
library, I don't see an easy way to make them CHECK_FOR_INTERRUPTS.

Does anybody know how this is for plpgsql, pljava and plpython?

HTH,
Markus
Dipl. Inf. | Software Development GIS