Re: Fwd: Three weeks left until feature freeze

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Jonah H(dot) Harris" <jonah(dot)harris(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Fwd: Three weeks left until feature freeze
Date: 2006-07-14 00:17:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I believe it was Lukas who mentioned elsewhere, this is not a vendor nuetral
> project. I actually am already working on a adding a list of os/package
> options to the download page based on other feedback, are people comfortable
> allowing mammothpostgresql to go on that list? (I wouldn't be mainly because
> I don't see a clear distinction between it and things like mammoth
> replicator)

The distinction is that mammoth postgresql doesn't have replication :).
It is fairly clear on the website.

All the links on the CMD website take you directly to
www.mammothpostgresql.org which very clearly states:

Mammoth PostgreSQL is a business and developer complete PostgreSQL
Distribution. Based on PostgreSQL 8.1.4, Mammoth PostgreSQL is designed
to provide all the software you need to use PostgreSQL in your
environment. The distribution is 100% F/OSS sofware with the exclusion
of Mammoth Replicator which can be purchased separately.

http://www.commandprompt.com/