C++ code - PGRES_TUPLES_OK is not returned when DELETE performed

From: Yan Cheng CHEOK <yccheok(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: C++ code - PGRES_TUPLES_OK is not returned when DELETE performed
Date: 2010-12-15 09:14:43
Lists: pgsql-general

I realize for the following code :

PGconn *connection = this->connection.getConnection();
PGresult *res = PQexec(connection, "DELETE FROM measurement_statistic WHERE fk_lot_id = 47");

// status always false??
const bool status = (PQresultStatus(res) == PGRES_TUPLES_OK);

status will always remain false, although the actual row in database had been delete.

I execute the above statement (DELETE FROM measurement_statistic WHERE fk_lot_id = 47) through pgadmin. It works fine.

May I know why PGRES_TUPLES_OK is not being returned when I use DELETE? When I try to execute SELECT statement, PGRES_TUPLES_OK can be returned.

Thanks and Regards
Yan Cheng CHEOK