Re: CSV mode option for pg_dump

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Steve Atkins <steve(at)blighty(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: CSV mode option for pg_dump
Date: 2006-06-14 00:46:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Bruce Momjian wrote:

>pg_dump CSV TODO item removed until we come up with something everyone
>can agree on.

That's a pity.

Just to show you how little is involved in what I was suggesting, a
prototype patch is attached - it's 182 lines of context diff, which is
pretty small for a new feature. It took me about an hour to write and I
have tested it against the regression db in both text and binary dump
modes, where it works without a hitch.

cheers

andrew

Attachment Content-Type Size